Shopping for Chinese Costumes and Cultural Items
Downtown Los Angeles Chinatown
Shopping Information and Directions
one hour payday loans
- The lovely Chinese brocades qipao/cheongsam were purchased from downtown Los Angeles Chinatown (in the pretty lantern-strung “historic” plaza close to Hill Street and Bamboo Lane.
- If you dine in a restaurant in the area, you have I think 1 hour of free parking. Otherwise, you may bring quarters to feed the street meters on Hill Street.
- Park on Hill Street between Bamboo lane and way before you get to College Street.
- Enter Bamboo plaza on the pretty lantern-strung “Ging Ling” pedestrian walk way.
- The first clothing store closet to Hill Street on your left was where I bought these beauties for $10 a piece! What a steal! (Original price: $13, if you buy 3 or more, you can request/haggle for $10 each.
- After that, walk around the plaza, there is another large-ish clothing store around the corner you can check out.
- If you exit Bamboo plaza towards Broadway and go right towards College/Alpine/Ord, you will be able to satisfy more your Chinese retail therapy needs.
- Wing Hop Fung Chinese Pharmacy and Supermarket on Broadway before Ord (on your right as you walk south) has many traditional Chinese household goods. I love the crockery/bowls and dishes, etc. Fun to see.
- Enjoy shopping!