“Land of Fairies and Elves” handmade by the Children and Parents of WSOC for The May 21, 2016 Waldorf School of Orange County 2016 Gala and Auction. You may buy raffle tickets to win this handmade community playscape on this link here.
You can bid on this and other beautiful items on our school Gala “007 in Monte Carlo” themed fundraiser here: Buy Raffle tickets here!
Alternatively, you can hope on by The Company of Angels School store to view the handwork and to purchase raffle tickets for all three handmade items by Friday, May 20, 2016!
A little old gnome lives in a quiet home under the hill. He has a wee little bed and a wee little soup pot boiling over a wee little fire. “Whee” says he, when he goes for a joyride on his loyal snail. A sleepy elf takes a nap on a comfy toadstool above a warren of bunnies. A tree spirit resides in the enchanted pine forest. Come explore the many surprises in this magical “Land of Fairies and Elves”.
Children and parents from our Waldorf School of Orange County community came together to create this one-of-a-kind,100% wool, needle-felted playscape for our 2016 Annual Gala. Parent Jzin Teng of Castle of Costa Mesa donated the supplies and technical support for this project. This playscape measures 30 inches (76cm) wide, 33 inches (84cm) long and 10 inches (25.5cm) tall. It is lined with luxurious velvet on the bottom. Thank you to the many hands which manifest this work of love:
- Bunny Family – Hannah
- Butterflies – Pia and Solomon
- Duck Mom, Dad and Duckling –Yvonne
- Fairy with pink hair – Anicka
- Flowers to adorn the owl’s nest – Pearla
- Gnarly Tree bark – Sonia
- Hedgehogs in a fallen log – Rebecca
- Hill/Hobbit home roof, support – Alena, Yuko, Jzin
- Hobbit, elf, flower fairy – Jzin
- Hobbit Home: wall, door, interior : Bed, pillow, mattress, blanket, fire, pot – Melissa
- Lily pads – Angela
- Owl – Melissa
- Pine Trees – Melissa
- Playscape base wet-felted by Jzin
- Pumpkin and mouse – Kathy, Christine
- Secret, magical rock gnomes (two brothers) with long beards – Sara
- Snail – Aiden
- Swan for the fairy to ride in – Roxana
- Tree Spirit – Melissa, Anicka, Jzin
- Toadstools – Ziqi
- Water Lily Boats – Roxana
- Wolf – Hannah
- Velvet base, donated by Justine, sewn by Rebecca
Thank you Castle of Costa Mesa for providing supplies and technical support for this project!
Please support CastleofCostaMesa Etsy shop here:
Melissa making the trees. She also made the hobbit house and many other things.
Roxana needle-felting swan to carry a fairy…
Rebecca made a little fallen log with toadstool for these hedge hog couple to live in!
Children and parents gather over spring break to work on this community project.
Anicka started creating the tree spirit on Melissa’s fir tree. I joined her. Curiously face looks very much like Anicka’s father!
8th Grader Hannah made the bunny family. She also made the howling wolf. Hannah just started her handmade perfume business. Be sure to support her!
Aiden made the little hobbit’s mode of transportation…
Pearla embellished the owl’s home with flowers.
Pia and Solomon taking a kissing break while crafting in the garden.
Crafters Needed: Come join us to make craft donations for WSOC 2016 Annual fundraiser!
Calling all Crafty Felters and other resplendent souls! Come join me/Jzin to needle-felt/craft for our Waldorf School of Orange County upcoming May 21, 2016 Gala and fundraiser! Bring your talents and willingness to needle-felt for good, not for evil! I can also teach you how to felt, if you need help (think of this as a free felting class), but all our creations these days will be donated to our school’s fundraiser.
Please register on this portal to view and bid on our many wonderful offerings in our 2016 Gala fundraiser!
Dates and Times:
– Wednesday 3/2/16 8:45am – 11:45am. The Company of Angels School Store, 2350 Canyon Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. See photos from this day here.
– Wednesday 3/9/16 8:45am – 11:45am. The Company of Angels School Store, 2350 Canyon Dr, Costa Mesa, CA 92627. View photos from Day 2 here.
– Monday 3/28/16 (This is second week of Spring Break) 10am-3pm potluck and craft (The large gazebo with tables at TeWinkle Park or some intrepid soul invite us to your home!) This is second week of spring break, children welcome to volunteer too!
– Tuesday 3/29/16 (This is second week of Spring Break) 10am-1pmThe large gazebo with tables at TeWinkle Park or some intrepid soul invite us to your home!) This is second week of spring break, children welcome to volunteer too! let’s wrap up this project by this day!
What: I am thinking we could make one large fairyland playscape as suggested by Yvonne. I would also like to see some volunteers making Christine’s famous mouse in a pumpkin house, that will go well in the silent auction, methinks! If you have other ideas, bring them on! It would be great to make multiple items for silent auction. If anyone wants to donate wool, bring them on! This project is IN ADDITION to the main raffle project Christine is cooking up.
Please bring: Please bring your felting pen, felting needles, foam pad, scissors, needle-and thread, if you have them, plus a scandalous personal story to share!
Donations Accepted: Wool fibers, large piece of velvet for playscape backing, cash for craft supplies, snacks to feed the hungry crafters, all happily accepted!
Questions? Ask Jzin e-mail: [email protected]
Jzin’s Upcoming Workshops and Events
Check out my upcoming workshops and events on this link here.
Gallery of Waldorf School of Orange County Craft Group Past Projects and Other Craft Related Posts
Castle of Costa Mesa Etsy Shop
You can shop for my works on Castle of Costa Mesa Etsy Shop
Follow Castle of Costa Mesa on Instagram
Castle of Costa Mesa’s Etsy shop
You can check out my other works on Etsy here:
Click here to enter Castle of Costa Mesa Etsy Shop
Be in the know for upcoming handmade giveaways:
Like CastleofCostaMesa.Com on Facebook
I give away my lovingly handmade dolls and crafts seasonally. If you “Like” my Castle of Costa Mesa Facebook page, you will be notified of upcoming giveaways. Click here to view the list of my past giveaways. Perhaps the next winner could be YOU?
Castle of Costa Mesa Facebook page