Make a pair of 5 inches little needle-felted doll house dolls with sweet faces. You can make young princess or old gnomes. They have pipe-cleaner armatures so you can pose them. They make cute dolls for your homemade doll houses or needle-felted playscapes.
“Mini Fairy Tale Playscape”
Felting is a natural and versatile medium. In this 3 week workshop, you will learn the skills for making a doll (elf or fairy, etc) in a small fairy land playscape. We shall be making parts of a this project which will come together as a whole mini playscape at the end of the three weeks. Students will present their work on the last day of class. Friends are welcome to view their work at 2pm May 31, 2016. Come for one, more or all of the classes (Don’t miss the doll making day!)
Needle-Felted, Natural Wool Greeting Cards/Mother’s Day Gifts.
- Saturday. April 30, 2016.
- 3 hours. 1:30pm – 4:30pm
- No experience necessary
- Adults and Children welcomed: A great mother and child experience!
- $50 plus craft supply fees for 2 projects completed in class
- Instructor: Jzin Teng
- To reserve your spot, please register Piecemakers Country Store website here.
- Click here to print out a flyer of classes for homeschoolers/children’s felt workshops.
For the ones you love this year, handmake these soft and warm, keepsake greeting cards/fiber artwork that can be hung and displayed year round. This needle-felted craft is just in time for Mother’s Day. These wool pictures are backed with water color paper (to write your personal greetings on) and can be hung and displayed on a ribbon. In this class, you will make 2 wool greeting cards. You will be guided, step-by-step to complete your first project. You can express your own creativity by designing your own second project with the guidance of your instructor. These make wonderful, personal gifts for Mother’s day, birthdays or Christmas Tree Ornaments.
This is not felting, but something else!
My figurative paintings will be featured in “Art of the Muse” by artist James Trolinger. This book celebrates our fantastic art models of Location 1980 art studio in Costa Mesa. Come support local artists, view my work and those of my fellow artists, meet our amazing art models next month at our book release on Sunday April 17, 2016. You will have the opportunity to purchase books and artworks. https://www.facebook.com/events/1714044362144361/
- Time: 2pm-6pm
- Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016
- Address: Location 1980 Art Studios. 1980 Placentia Ave, Costa Mesa, California 92627
For over a year we have been diligently working on this publication! Finally! We are ready to share the “ART of the MUSE” with the community. The book includes 15 muses and paintings by 32 artists! Each chapter highlights a different muse.
The reception will be your chance to….:
* Meet the Muses!
* Purchase a signed copy of the book!
* Meet a few of the artists who contributed work to the book!
* Purchase an original Figurative work featured in the book!
* Enjoy a live demo of artists sharing their talent working from the Figure!
* Plus, snacks, libation and music!
Please Join Us for a truly unique Art Exhibition!
Tickets will be available online and at the door Suggested Donation of $10 to the Gallery.
You can “Like” my art facebook page to view my upcoming artworks.
For Jzin’s Upcoming Events and Workshops, Enter here : Castle of Costa Mesa Workshops.
“Creatures in Their Homes”
Create a sweet little springtime playscape with cute little animals in their home! Felting is a natural and versatile medium. In this 3 week workshop, you will learn the basics of making shapes into creatures and their habitat. We shall be making parts of a springtime woodland playscape that will come together as a whole at the end of the three weeks.
Castle of Costa Mesa will be present to demonstrate felt crafts at this year’s Sheep Shearing at Highland Springs Resort. Come join us!
For larger view, see link to the above flyer.
March 20, 2016. Sheep Shearing at Highland Springs Resort. Castle of Costa Mesa will be present to demonstrate felt crafts.
You may also purchase some of our handwork that day. Come join us!
- See how wool is transformed into finished products
- Feed the sheep after they get their haircut
- 10% of any single restaurant menu item during brunch that day (with ticket)
- live sheep shearing and skirting of fleeces
- kids wool crafts
- wool processing demonstrations
- natural dyes
- hand spinning demos and try your hand at using a drop spindle
- educational family event
- $12 for adults, $8 students/seniors, 5 & under free
- Highland Springs Resort Website: http://www.hsresort.com/farm.php
Castle of Costa Mesa storewides SALE!!!
Today is Small Business Saturday, a day to recognize small business and, for artists and craftspeople, recognition of the unique nature of making something by hand. Dedication, experimentations, personal love go into each and every piece!
Use code SMALL15BIZDAY at Castle of Costa Mesa Etsy shop for 15% off today November 28, 2015 until Monday, November 30, 2015.
Thank you for supporting small businesses!
Castle of Costa Mesa Etsy shop
Castle of Costa Mesa workshops
Come sign up for my workshops here. Check back periodically, since I update this list: Jzin’s workshops.
Follow Castle of Costa Mesa on Social Media
Fairy Tale Dolls, Handmade with Love
Seasonal Handmade Giveaways
Please “Like” CastleofCostaMesa.Com on Facebook
Gallery of Waldorf School of Orange County, California Craft Group projects:
CastleofCostaMesa on Etsy
CastleofCostaMesa on Pinterest
My fine art works on Facebook