Waldorf Monday Morning Craft Group
Come one, come all and join us for crafting and friendship every Monday morning! We are a casual bunch! No experience necessary for most of the crafts.
- When: Monday mornings.
- Time: 8:45am morning after drop off. Stay until you have to leave. Christine is around until 2:50pm!
- Location: Garden by The Company of Angels school store
- School Phone: (949) 574-7775
- Photo Gallery of Craft Group Projects. Click on this link to view many photos and some tutorials of our craft group projects.
- You may also view recent craft group photos on Castle of Costa Mesa facebook page or on #CastleofCostaMesa Instagram account.
- Thank you to our handwork teacher Christine Newell for organizing our weekly Morning Craft get-togethers. Photography, blogging and workshops by Jzin Teng.
- If there is a craft you really like to do, please tell Christine, perhaps she may be able to add that into our schedule.
- You may “like” and follow our weekly craft group projects on Facebook here.
- You can e-mail me to be put on the craft group list so you will know when the schedules are out. My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put this in the subject line of your e-mail: “Add me to WSOC Craft Group e-mail list”.
- You may also follow our work on Castle of Costa Mesa facebook page or on #CastleofCostaMesa Instagram account.
* This craft group used to be held on different days of the week.
- It was “Wednesday Morning Craft Group” because in the 2012-2013 school year we met on Wednesday mornings.
- As for the 2013-2014 and 2015-2016 school years, we met on Tuesday mornings and the group was called “Tuesday Morning Craft Group”. Sorry for the confusion!
– Cheers! Jzin
Calendar of Upcoming Craft Group, Workshops and Other Related Events
- Monday, December 19, 2016 10am-2pm. Come needle-felt with Jzin at The Company of Angels! The school is closed this week for the winter break, but that does not stop us from crafting together and shopping at the beautiful Company of Angels for the holidays!
Come needle-felt with Jzin at The Company of Angels on Monday! The school is closed this week for the winter break, but that does not stop us from crafting together and shopping at the beautiful Company of Angels for the holidays!
What: Holidays Needle-felting with Jzin of Castle of Costa Mesa
When: Monday, December 19, 2016…
Time: 10am – 2pm
Age: children to adults. Recommended age 7+ because we are using sharp felting needles. My assistants can help younger ones craft Christmas ornaments. You can shop around the beautiful store while your children craft with us.
Bring: if you have felting pen, felting needles, felting pad or small embroidery scissors, bring them. It is not required but makes it easier.
Fees: $10 for wool picture greeting cards or Christmas tree ornaments. $30 to make a mini Winter scene playscape with snowman, snow bunnies, owls, etc.
Address: The Company of Angels store, on the campus of The Waldorf School of Orange County, 2350 Canyon Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
* if it is sunny and nice, we shall be crafting in the garden outside the Company of Angels. If it is cold or wet, we will be inside the store, in the tiny room on the right.
Optional: bring a potluck dish and delicious story to share.
Also on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10am-2pm Christine Newell will be teaching us to needle-felt Christmas tree. Don’t miss it!
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016. 10am – 2pm. Christine Newell will teach us how to make needle-felted Christmas tree craft. Come craft and shop for the holidays at The Company of Angels!
- October 24, 2016. Monday 9am – 11:30am. Jzin will teach us to make felted pictures, one for Winter Festival and one to keep. For a $10 supply fee, you will make one small wool picture to donate to our upcoming Winter Festival and one to keep for yourself. Click here to view 2015 Winter Festival photos.
Calling crafty Elves – we need help for Winter Festival Elves’ Workshop! Our wonderful Ms. Christine has lots of super fun craft kits available for you to take home and work on – you can find them at The Company of Angels. The finished creations will be sold in our Elves’ Workshop at Winter Festival. Her goal is 1,000 creations and she currently has about 200. There are lots of great options from painting and clay to sewing, gluing and felt. A sample is included with each packet, and you don’t have to be an expert crafter to participate.
- Packets are due back by December 2, 2016 at the very latest. If for some reason you are unable to finish your kit, please bring it back by mid-November so it can be given to another crafter to complete. Also, if you need help or extra supplies, just catch up with Christine on Monday mornings outside Company of Angels
- Monday, October 31, 2016. Christine will teach us to create a wet felted Christmas boot, one for Winter Festival and one to keep.
- Saturday, November 5, 2016. 11am-5pm. Journey School Harvest Faire.
Win a dreamy HANDMADE MERMAID at the Castle of Costa Mesa booth as you shop and stock up on your handmade goodies at the Journey School Harvest Faire!
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Time: 11 am – 5 pm.
Address: 27012, Foxborough, Aliso Viejo, CA…
There will be food, music, games, crafts, raffles, and special artisan booths.
Castle of Costa Mesa will be there! See you!
- Saturday, November 19, 2016. 10am – 4pm. Pasadena Waldorf School Elves Faire. Free Admissions. 209 E. Mariposa Street, Altadena, CA 91001.
- Friday, December 2, 2016 9am-3:30pm. Come experience the magic of Castle of Costa Mesa.
- Trunk show: Handmade, one-of-a-kind crafts. Fairy Tale Dolls, Felt playscapes, Mermaids galore, finger puppet gnomes, fairy mobiles, wool relief fiber artwork, wool picture greeting cards and more!
- In front of the Company of Angels school store on the campus of The Waldorf School of Orange County. Address: 2350, Canyon Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92927. #CastleofCostaMesa
- Saturday, December 3, 2016. 1-5pm. Winter Festival at The Waldorf School of Orange County. Click here to view 2015 the Elves’ Workshop Winter Festival photos.
- Saturday, May 6, 2017. 10am May Faire at the Waldorf School of Orange County. Come visit Castle of Costa Mesa booth!
- Tentatively in June 2016. Jzin’s Mermaid Kingdom Workshop.
- Please e-mail me if you are interested. Jzinius@yahoo.com.
- More information here. You can also e-mail me: J z i n i u s @ y a h o o . c o m
Gallery of Waldorf School of Orange County Craft Group Past Projects and Other Craft Related Posts
Check out my handmade dolls for Waldorf Seasons Nature Table
Be in the know for upcoming handmade giveaways: Like CastleofCostaMesa.Com on Facebook
I give away my lovingly handmade dolls and crafts seasonally. If you “Like” my Castle of Costa Mesa Facebook page, you will be notified of upcoming giveaways. Click here to view the list of my past giveaways. Perhaps the next winner could be YOU?
Support Our Local Waldorf Community/ Place a Free Ad
If you are interested in placing an ad on “Support Our Southern California Waldorf Community” (free if you are a member of Southern California Waldorf community) please e-mail me a good picture and a link. If you would like a free shout out for any special events or offer, let me know as well. Time permitting, I will toot your horn. Meanwhile, please support our local peeps! Thanks! – Jzin